Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Oracle Application Express Technology Briefing

On Thursday, March 27, 2008, Oracle and Progressive Skill will present a technology briefing on Oracle Application Express. The event location is Smith & Wollensky Restaurant. Discussions will include:
  • Reasons for failed/delayed custom software projects
  • Advantages of Rapid Application Development
  • How Oracle Application Express facilitates Rapid Development better than any development tool on the market
  • Successful software applications built using Oracle Application Express
  • Real world examples of custom built Oracle Application Express Applications

For more information and to register, you can go here.

5 comments:

Stew said...

Any chance someone's going to video this, take notes or publish a copy of the handouts, for those of us who can't attend?

Please?

Joel R. Kallman said...

Hi Stew. I honestly doubt it. It's really a joint presentation by Oracle and Progressive Skill. I believe it's going to be an introduction and why you'd want to even consider using Oracle Applicaiton Express.

I am going to be a mere attendee.

Stew said...

Joel,

Thanks for the reply.

That shows how little I get out these days! I glossed over that you said it was to be a technology briefing and even if I'd seen it, I'd forgotten that that's simply a nice way of saying "marketing folks who've never used the product pitching the product to mostly non-technical people who'll never use it, but might recommend it back at their companies." Of course, you're one of the technical people they'll hope to reach! :-)

Joel R. Kallman said...

Stew,

I believe it's incorrect to classify this as "marketing folks". There will be people there from Progressive Skill who are actively implementing customer solutions using Application Express.

Joel

Stew said...

Joel,

You're right, I overstated my point, as usual. I should have said "people who haven't already discovered the beauty that is Apex."

:-)