Who is registered on Oracle.com? Well, if you have ever asked or answered a question on the wildly popular Oracle Application Express discussion forum on OTN, then you already have an account.
To enable SSO authentication to Oracle.com in your application on apex.oracle.com, simply follow these steps:
- Shared Components -> Authentication Schemes
- Click Create button
- Choose “Based on a pre-configured scheme from the gallery” and click Next
- Choose “Oracle Application Server Single Sign-On (Application Express Engine as Partner App)” and click Next
- Give it a name like SSO and click Create Scheme
- In the subsequent report of authentication schemes, click the “make current” link for your newly created SSO one
- Click the Make Current button on the confirmation page
- Go get a beer (or coffee or tea) to celebrate
To see this in action, here's a very brief sample application with a public and non-public page, using SSO authentication.
Important note: As of August 2012, SSO is no longer available on apex.oracle.com.