A few important points about Early Adopter 1 of Oracle Application Express 4.1:
- If you're using Internet Explorer, you will be best-served to use IE8 or higher. You may run into difficulties with IE7, which we hope to correct in the future.
- Click the "What's New" link to get an overview of the new features in Application Express 4.1. You'll quickly get the sense that this is not the same "big bang" that you saw between APEX 3.2 and APEX 4.0 - but that's by design.
- You will see some items listed on the APEX Statement of Direction which are not in Early Adopter 1, most notably Mobile Support and Data Upload. Those didn't make the cut for Early Adopter 1 but we hope to be able to provide these when we refresh the tryapexnow.com instance.
- When we do refresh the tryapexnow.com instance, we will not be migrating any information from the workspaces there. There's also no guarantee that what you export from APEX 4.1 Early Adopter 1 can even be imported into a later Early Adopter instance or APEX 4.1 production.
- Our friend Patrick Wolf should be blogging soon about the extensive changes made in support of error handling. More explicit control over the error handling in APEX has been a long sought feature. And hopefully this will satisfy those of you who have said the "error handling in APEX sucks" (yes, Bart, that's you).
- And just to state the obvious, this is evaluation software. You can't contact Oracle Support about any issues on tryapexnow.com. They won't have any idea what you're talking about.
Thank you for all of your support.