Just in time for the ODTUG KScope12, the Early Adopter 1 version of Oracle Application Express 4.2 is now available at https://apexea.oracle.com. Feel free to sign up for a workspace and kick the tires. We welcome your feedback (via the Feedback link from within APEX) at any time.
A few important points about Early Adopter 1 of Oracle Application Express 4.2:
- Click the "What's New" link to get an overview of the new features in Application Express 4.2. This has been a pretty aggressive release, as you'll see.
- The application to view all feedback that has been filed is available via the Public Feedback application. You'll need to login to your workspace to view this, so ensure you've signed up first.
- We will refresh https://apexea.oracle.com in roughly 30 days with APEX 4.2 Early Adopter 2. No information/data/workspaces will be migrated. We'll scrap the database and start over again. And there's also no guarantee that what you export from APEX 4.2 Early Adopter 1 can even be imported into a later Early Adopter release or APEX 4.2 production.
- This is evaluation software. You cannot contact Oracle Support about any issues on apexea.oracle.com. They won't have any idea what you're talking about. It's highly recommended to provide your feedback via the Feedback link from within Application Express itself. This way, your information gets fed back into our development process and the rest of the community can also see what's been reported.
- The RESTful Web Services functionality (through the APEX Listener) is not exposed in Early Adopter 1. We will strive to enable this for Early Adopter 2.
- This site is all SSL all the time.
- When you get your link to the provisioned workspace and you have to choose a new password, there are some password restrictions in place:
- Minimum Password Length: 8
- Minimum Password Differences: 2
- Must Contain At Least One Alphabetic Character: Yes
- Must Contain At Least One Numeric Character: Yes
- Must Contain At Least One Upper Case Character: Yes
- Must Not Contain Username: Yes
- Must Not Contain Workspace Name: Yes
We average between 1,000 and 2,000 participants for each Early Adopter cycle. I expect even more for this release. I wish to extend my thanks in advance to the APEX Community for your participation in the Early Adopter program. Everyone is so gracious with their time, not only in trying to learn about what's coming with Application Express, but also in helping to dramatically improve the quality, functionality and usability of the APEX framework.