You can get the updated feature list at http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=38997:1:0, but some notable introductions in APEX 4.2 EA2:
- You can now create multiple user interfaces in the same application
- You can unlock and download Packaged Applications
- Team Development now supports file attachments for bugs, features and todo's.
- You can define a "Global Page" per user interface, instead of relying upon page 0
- You can "grid edit" the translation repository
- The User Interface of the Application Express applications has been further improved. Note - if you used EA1 previously, you may need to clear your browser cache or Shift-Reload on many of the pages in the Application Express applications
- You can enable cascading LOVs for Select Lists, Checkboxes and Radio groups in mobile user interfaces
- There are two new application-level Globalization attributes to control character value comparison (for those wishing to do accent-insensitive searching). For now, this applies only to classic reports and Interactive Reports.
- Existing item types were modified so they work with jQuery Mobile when used with dynamic actions
- And many more....
The response for Oracle Application Express 4.2 Early Adopter 1 was overwhelming. We are completely appreciative of the time and effort spent by over 1,000 people, helping to improve this release of Oracle Application Express. You'll see that a large number of the great suggestions from the APEX community have been added to Application Express 4.2 Early Adopter 2. Thank you for all of your invaluable feedback.