AskTom officially moved to apex.oracle.com on 18-SEP-2009. I turned on Google Analytics a day or two later. So my snapshot of asktom.oracle.com covers the period from September 20, 2009 through November 2, 2009 - not quite a month and a half.
Some interesting statistics:
- There were 517,599 "visits" and 1,005,189 page views.
- 78% of the page views were from hits from search engine results pages (thanks for the clarification, John Scott).
- 53% of the browsers are Internet Explorer - a number that I suspect gradually declines over time
- People found the site searching for 'ORA-00604' more than they found it by searching for 'tom kyte'. As a shareholder of Oracle, this statistic concerns me.
- The lion's share of visits comes from the United States, followed by India, United Kingdom, Germany and Canada.
asktom.oracle.com Google Analytics - 20091102